Thursday, September 29, 2011

Doc's Mansion (1955)

Doc Brown's mansion is an amazing house. Because of it's awesomeness, I wanted to include the entire structure in my planking photo. This proved to be difficult. I planked on the edge of a concrete platform across the yard from where I had my camera set on a 10-second timer. I'm fast, and it's a good thing because there wasn't much time to set the camera, run to the position, and balance myself before the photo was taken. I'll admit, it took several attempts, and some falling. The house is known as the Gamble House. It is a National Historic Landmark and is now a museum cared for by the City of Pasadena and the University of Southern California. It is open for tours throughout the week. I did my planking early in the morning before any visitors arrived...however some museum staff members were lucky enough to see my historic plank in person.
Back to the Future screenshot.

No comments:

Post a Comment